Rules and Regulations

Game Overlord
    Game Overlord
    Game Overlord

Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2008-10-18

Rules and Regulations

Post  Game Overlord on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:19 pm

Here are the basic rules and regulations that this forum will be run by. I expect all members to read over this. By submitting an application to me, I expect you to adhere to these rules and regulations. If you fail to comply, I hold the right to suspend and if necessary delete your account.

1. First and foremost, to make sure this simm stays strictly within the realm of the Battlestar Galactica Universe, this simm will operate on so called "canon material". Canon material includes but is not restricted to information from movies and/or television series. Any information that comes from the Battlestar Wiki is inherently considered canon, however if it is too far fetched, we will overrule it. In the end, the final decision on what "is canon" will remain solely with me and other simm leaders.

2. Respect your fellows. If there is an outbreak of flames, insults, or any other form of fighting or vulgar exchange, I will intervene and I will intervene with force (possibly excessive force if you push me). If you delete and or damage any other persons work, I will intervene. Punishments for such violations will be decided by myself.

3. Any and all disputes that are not settled in a timely matter will be settled by a forum administrator. Trust me when I say, we will not be taking any sides. Both parties will suffer harsh consequences especially if the dispute in some way compromises the integrity of this simming community.

4. This is a simm. And as such I expect all players to respect the chain of command established within the universe. If any players are found breaking the chain of command, not following an order or not showing the proper respect within the universe, your character will be dealt with accordingly. If the dispute goes well with the storyline, the option for a mock JAG (Judge Advocate General) trial remains open. Yes you are free to do whatever you wish, but remember, every action has a consequence. Welcome to the military.

5. This is a simming community. Thus we rely on teamwork. Members are asked to do their best to post at least twice a week. There is a posting requirement of at least 6 times a month. If you do not meet these requirements your character will be subject to deletion from the storyline and your account will be deleted. If your account is inactive for a period of 2 weeks, your account will be suspended. Note: there may be several characters who will be "guest stars" in this simm. They will not be subject to the same requirements.

6. Remember, you only have control of your own character and respective NPC's. Do NOT even think about trying to kill off another players PC or NPC's without their explicit approval or the go ahead from myself. Each IP address is restricted to only 2 characters each. Only one of your characters may hold a distinctive position. All of this is final.

7. A simm is an online text-based role-playing game that takes place in a chat room, by e-mail or on an Internet forum. In other words, it is not real. Yes for the sake of realism there will be frictions within the game, but once again it is only a game, so take everything in moderation. Don't take it too personal.

8. In the words of a friend of mine, this is a SYOA simm. That's right, this is a Save Your Own Ass simm. If you get your character in a spot of trouble, you are expected to get them out of it. That is, if you intend to get them out of it. Yes, if the situation was not intentional we will do our best to get your character out, but do not expect me to bend the rules just so you can pull of some super-heroic feat.

9. In light of item number eight, I'd like to take the chance to remind you all that "god-modding" is a big no-no in my books. If you god-mod, you will feel my wrath, and it's not a pretty thing. I don't like god-modders. I despise them. So the primary point of item number nine is, everyone say it with me now, "DO NOT GOD-MOD!" If you don't know what god-modding is, look it up.

10. Going back to item number five, I'd to remind you that if you are inactive for an extended period of time, your account will be deleted and your character will be killed off accordingly. This may include but is not limited to death by pistol, airlock, missiles, kinetic energy weapons, Viper accidents, large scale explosions, or Cylon experimentation. Accidents do happen ladies and gentlemen. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

11. I'm only going to say this once. You MUST be of 16 years of age or older in order to participate in this forum. Any emotional, mental, and/or physical problems you may encounter are not my problem. If you do encounter any problems, I highly suggest you go see a doctor. Especially a psychiatrist. Anyways, back on track, I am required by law to follow the COPPA rules and regulations. No body here should be under 13 years of age. But as I mentioned before you must be of 16 years of age to participate in the simm. Any crude, graphic, and/or volatile language will be lightly monitored. I don't mind the use of language in a simm, but keep it at a reasonable level people. If I find anything too terrible, I'll notify you via PM.

If you have any questions or concerns, contact me or another administrator via PM and I will do my best to accommodate you. Please note that these rules and regulations are subject to change and/or additional amendments.

Current date/time is Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:36 pm